20.6 C
Nairobi
Tuesday, February 20, 2024
Home Celebrities JUVENTUS STAR RONALDO OUT FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CLASH AGAINST MESSI AND BARCELONA...

JUVENTUS STAR RONALDO OUT FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CLASH AGAINST MESSI AND BARCELONA AFTER POSITIVE COVID-19 RESULT

The 35-year-old will miss the chance to renew his rivalry with the Argentina star as his coronavirus-enforced absence will continue

Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo will not play against Barcelona in their Champions League clash on Wednesday as his Covid-19 test has again returned a positive result.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG5PkGkATiB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The 35-year-old tested positive for Covid-19 earlier this month while on international duty with Portugal and has missed three total matches thus far: one with Portugal and two with Juventus.

He will now miss out on Wednesday’s Group G clash at the Allianz Stadium, which was set to see him renew his rivalry with Barcelona star Lionel Messi.

Ronaldo and Messi established themselves as two of the greatest players of all time during their time in La Liga, with Ronaldo winning the Ballon d’Or five times and Messi clinching the prize on six occasions.

In order to play in Wednesday’s clash with former La Liga rivals Messi and Barcelona, Ronaldo needed to test negative on Tuesday as protocol states a player must have a negative test 24 hours before kick-off.

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid star were tested again ahead of the European encounter and coach Andrea Pirlo revealed on Tuesday that the club was still waiting on the results.

With a positive result now confirmed, Juventus will have to deal without their top goalscorer for the past two seasons when they take on Ronald Koeman’s side in Turin.

Both Juve and Barcelona will enter Wednesday’s game after starting their Champions League campaigns with wins last week. Barcelona defeated Ferencvaros 5-1 while Juve took care of Dynamo Kiev 2-0.

Meanwhile, Italian sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora has said Ronaldo is under investigation for a possible breaching of protocol after he flew back to Italy following his positive test result.

Spadafora has claimed that Ronaldo was not able to enter the country without the proper authorisation from Italian health officials.

Spadafora told Rai Tre: “Cristiano did not respect the protocol. There is an investigation by the Federal Prosecutor’s Office to prove it.

“The virus has taught us that no one is exempt, obviously they are all people who have tried to respect the protocols as much as possible, but the only solution, in the end, is to

stay at home.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

President William Ruto Signed Four Universal Health Coverage (UHC) Bills Into Law.

The four bills include the Primary Health Care Bill, Facility Improvement Financing Bill, Digital Health Bill and the Social Health Insurance Bill. The Primary Health...

Tanzanians Flee The War In Israel And Return Home

9 Tanzanians who were in Israel have returned home today October 18, 2023 and were received by the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and...

Israeli President Herzog Slams BBC’s For Refusing To Call Hamas Terrorists During Talks With Rishi Sunak

Israeli President Isaac Herzog slammed the BBC for what he said was a 'distortion of the facts' over its reporting on Hamas during a meeting with British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak...

Watch Videos And Subscribe On Our Channel Special4uTV

https://www.youtube.com/@Special4uTV https://youtu.be/-iwDgQHEGBw   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz7hbB6xhfc      

Recent Comments

%d